Saturday, February 18, 2012

Need to reload websites regularly using an O2 Wireless Box?

I struggled for some time now since I had my O2 Wireless Box IV as almost anytime I wanted to open a website, it did not want to load at all unless I reloaded it immediately. I looked up the internet for solutions, so changed my IP to fixed, changed my DNS settings and all, nothing helped. One thing I was sure about was that it seemed to be an issue with DNS. Finally I stumbled upon a very detailed website describing how I can change the DNS settings of my router directly and it magically solved my problem. Somehow O2's DNS on the O2 Wireless Box is not one that is working very well. Here is the link listing those Telnet commands for a Thomson TG587n v2 router (aka O2 Wireless Box).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear legitimate commenters, please post your comments below. I'd be happy to receive your feedback; helps me a lot improving, or getting reassurance that I'm doing something really great here.

IMPORTANT! A note to commenters planning on advertising their business in comments: please be informed that I'm NOT going to post your comments but will ALWAYS mark them as SPAM.