Saturday, August 30, 2014

No sound in Chrome for YouTube video

The other day I experienced an odd issue: there was no sound coming out of Google Chrome when I was trying to play a YouTube video.

I found this Google Support Forum thread about it; it may help you if you encounter a similar situation: No video, only audio in web video using Chrome browser.

The best answer says you may resolve the YouTube no sound issue in Chrome by disabling hardware acceleration. However this message within the same thread suggests that you may have 2 plugins enabled in Chrome; disabling one will get you the sound back on YouTube using Google Chrome. I think latter one was my issue, though it happened some time back, so not sure.

Give both a try and see if it resolves the problem for you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear legitimate commenters, please post your comments below. I'd be happy to receive your feedback; helps me a lot improving, or getting reassurance that I'm doing something really great here.

IMPORTANT! A note to commenters planning on advertising their business in comments: please be informed that I'm NOT going to post your comments but will ALWAYS mark them as SPAM.