Monday, September 05, 2011

How to create a (browser) "Back" link

I always wanted to know this, so I hit the internet and searched for it: I wanted to find out how I can create a Back link on my page. This can be very practical for example on a 404 (page cannot be displayed) error page, as this way if visitors came to your website from one of your pages (or any other website) they can easily click your Back link making your page even more user-friendly.

The back link is actually generated by a javascript code snippet that looks like this:
(click in the box to highlight the code for copy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear legitimate commenters, please post your comments below. I'd be happy to receive your feedback; helps me a lot improving, or getting reassurance that I'm doing something really great here.

IMPORTANT! A note to commenters planning on advertising their business in comments: please be informed that I'm NOT going to post your comments but will ALWAYS mark them as SPAM.