Saturday, March 12, 2011

How to find the direct link (aka permalink) of a facebook post

Honestly I have looked for this information on the internet on and on but could not find anything, finally through all my clicks on different places of a facebook post, I I accidentally stumbled upon the correct one. In order to get to the direct link of a facebook post, you simply have to click the little link that states when it has been posted. It can be found under each post right next to the like and comment links. Of course the way the link is built may vary depending on if it is a post, a picture or a video (or anything else).

To make it easy, I have made a screen shot of an average post on facebook and added a red rectangle around the link:

An average facebook post

And this is how the URL looks (where 'nickname' is your facebook nick name and the number at the end is the unique identifier of the post):

A facebook post URL

10 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for this, was going nuts looking for it as well! I was trying to refer people to a status I had posted two months ago, finally posted that they should scroll through my stuff to find it. Gonna go add the link now!

    +1'd ya.

    Thanks again.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ron: I'm very happy I could help you with this and thank you for the +1! Enjoy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my new hero

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete

Dear legitimate commenters, please post your comments below. I'd be happy to receive your feedback; helps me a lot improving, or getting reassurance that I'm doing something really great here.

IMPORTANT! A note to commenters planning on advertising their business in comments: please be informed that I'm NOT going to post your comments but will ALWAYS mark them as SPAM.